Heather's Blog

Sunday, July 30, 2006

We just went to Leatherby's, which has very good, albeit large, ice cream sundaes. We had a large serving of french fries to share as well.

If I ever found my own country, I will see to it that in the national cuisine, it will be custom that something warm and salty always follows something cold and sweet. The opposites complement each other perfectly.

Admittedly, the chances of my forming my own country are rather slim, if for no other reason than there's not much land that's unclaimed already. If there is any unclaimed land out there, it's probably because no one in their right minds would want it. Oh well. I would've had a hard time finding enough citizens anyways.

I am working on writing a language, however. I've written an alphabet where each letter represents a different sound (unlike English, where the letter A might have any number of different sounds to go with it, depending on the word). Right now I'm working on memorizing the symbols and translating English alphabet words to my alphabet. Unfortunately, there's no good way for me to represent them on a computer screen. However, my name only has four letters in it: the symbols for H, short E, TH (which is one symbol), and R.

I'm no Tolkien, but hey, it's something.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger Adelina said…

    what is your language named?

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    I have no idea what it's called. I'm leaning towards Heatherish.

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger Adelina said…

    I like that. It sounds good.

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Adelina said…

    Hi Heather, this is Isabella, not Adelina. The Heatherish language sounds very interesting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home