Heather's Blog

Friday, August 18, 2006

After all that talk of what I'm not going to name any future children, I already have a name for a daughter, and it's for the sake of a joke.

It's Calluna. Calluna is the genus in which the heather flower is found. Get it?

I do hope she doesn't hate me for it... at least it'll be one-of-a-kind.

It could always be shortened to Callie, or Luna. Heather, on the other hand, cannot really be shortened to anything. 'Heath' simply doesn't have that ring to it. (Not to mention it's the name of a candy bar.)

That's the only name I have. I'm not sure what I'll do if I should have a son.

At least I have many more years to think about such things before I really have to worry about it.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Adelina said…

    I don't know what a genus is, but it sounds like a pretty cute name. I especially like the nick-name Callie. Are you going to have kids?

     
  • At 9:12 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    A genus (which means 'family' in Latin) is the level of classification that's just above species.

    If I get married, I suppose I'll have children. Currently, however, I'm not sure if I'll ever marry at all.

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Adelina said…

    there's the Heather I know! do you have any ideas, though for who? just kidding! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home