On December 29, I ordered some books online. They said it was 3-day delivery, but obviously they just said that to mess with poor, naive Heather's mind.
Yes, it was a holiday weekend, so I suppose some delay is only natural.
But I still haven't gotten them.
That's ten days! Nearly a week and a half!
Furthermore, when I went to the UPS website to track my sweet box of literary goodness, it said that the shipping date has been 'rescheduled' to January 10.
What did I ever do to UPS? Why do they hate me so?
At least I was able to visit the library a few days ago, so I'm not completely lacking in literature.
Yes, it was a holiday weekend, so I suppose some delay is only natural.
But I still haven't gotten them.
That's ten days! Nearly a week and a half!
Furthermore, when I went to the UPS website to track my sweet box of literary goodness, it said that the shipping date has been 'rescheduled' to January 10.
What did I ever do to UPS? Why do they hate me so?
At least I was able to visit the library a few days ago, so I'm not completely lacking in literature.

2 Comments:
At 5:56 PM,
Adelina said…
You make me smile. What were the books you ordered?
At 8:28 PM,
Heather said…
Let's see... I ordered:
1. Outriders (Christian sci-fi/fantasy)
2. Stolen Voices (a somewhat odd sci-fi story involving sound used as a weapon and masks used to control the populace)
3. Dr. Franklin's Island (a kinda sci-fi story, seeing as how it's about genetic engineering used to change people into animals, but it's set close to the present)
4. Invitation to the Game (a sci-fi story with an interesting twist at the end, set in a world where there is mass unemployment due to robots taking over most work)
5. Truesight (a sci-fi story about a boy from a community where everyone is genetically engineered to be blind, but the boy in question begins to gain sight)
I'm beginning to notice a theme in genres here...
Post a Comment
<< Home